How can I help?
I help teachers understand mathematics and STEM more deeply so their students learn more.
I help teachers learn to use manipulatives effectively so they build a solid conceptual foundation in mathematics for their students.
I help teachers develop a wider range of research-based instructional strategy so their classroom instruction is more effective for every learner.
I help schools & districts plan curriculum & instruction which engages students in a rigorous and coherent mathematics program.
Standards in Action
Workshops, Coaching & Demos
- Mathematics teaching and learning from primary grades through beginning algebra
- Coherence in mathematics teaching and learning
- Building vertical and horizontal connections within the mathematics program
- Illuminating mathematics through physical, visual, verbal, contextual, and symbolic representations
- Supporting mathematics teaching and learning with award-winning literature
- Highlighting mathematics as a tool for integrated STEM instruction
- STEM challenges as a context for applying mathematics
- Supporting problem solving with the engineering design process
- Mathematics must make sense to teachers and students
- Multiple representations are a powerful and important tool for making this happen.
- Mathematics is best learned by doing mathematics - solving relevant and engaging problems and exploring mathematical ideas.
- STEM can provide an important context for learning mathematics.
- Excellent mathematics teaching & learning happens within a coherent curriculum